Alpen Delight Campaign Giveaway – November 2023
– Terms and Conditions
Alpen Delight Campaign Giveaway – Terms and Conditions
SHORT FORM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Open to UK residents aged 18+. Opens 8am on Monday 6th November and closes at midnight on Sunday 19th November. No purchase necessary. Internet access and a Facebook or Instagram account required. To enter on Facebook: Log into your Facebook account (or create one for free), like AlpenUK page on Facebook, like the Promotion post, and comment below the post telling us what your favourite little moment of delight is. To enter on Instagram: Log into your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @alpen_uk, like the Promotion post, and comment below the post telling us what your favourite little moment of delight is. Prize: x3 winners will each win a £250 Virgin experience voucher and one box of Alpen Delight Bars. X50 runners up will each win 1 x box of Alpen Delight Bars. Full terms and conditions apply: https://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/terms-and-conditions Promoter: Weetabix Limited, Station Road, Burton Latimer, NN15 5JR.
LONG FORM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. By taking part in this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions and all rules and guidelines applicable to the use of Instagram and Facebook including the rules located at https://help.instagram.com/581066165581870/?helpref=uf_share and https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms respectively. Please retain a copy for your information.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the Alpen Delight Campaign Giveaway (the Promotion).
- The Promotion is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents or any other persons professionally connected with the Promotion.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Promotion before awarding the prize.
- No purchase necessary. Internet access and an active Instagram or Facebook account required to enter. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one in order to participate, which will require an active email address in order to do this.
- To be entered into the prize draw to win, entrants should:
- Log into your Instagram account (or create one for free), follow @alpen_uk, like the Promotion post, and comment below the post telling us what your favourite little moment of delight is.
- Log into your Facebook account (or create one for free), like AlpenUK page on Facebook, like the Promotion post, and comment below the post telling us what your favourite little moment of delight is.
- Unlimited entries per person are allowed.
- Responses to this Promotion will be monitored and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Instagram or Facebook communities or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress, they will be removed from this Promotion. As someone who enters the prize draw, your use of Instagram and/or Facebook is subject to their respective terms and conditions. The Promoter will not accept any liability in this regard.
- Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any comment:
- tags any other third-party companies or brands;
- contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
- includes any individual without their express permission;
- in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards);
- contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code; and
- contains any physical activity which could be deemed dangerous.
- is sexually explicit or suggestive;
- Infringes any third party rights (such as copyright, trade mark rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property rights); or
- is not in compliance with the rules, policies and terms of service of the platform where the entry is posted (i.e. Instagram or Facebook) and all applicable laws, regulations and code rules (or would place the Promoters in breach of any such rules, policies, terms of service or applicable laws, regulations and codes).
(clauses 6, 8 and 9 being together, the Entry Criteria)
- Each unique comment on Instagram and/or Facebook (provided the other Entry Criteria for the platform have been met) equates to one entry.
- Entry into the Promotion is open from 08:00am on 2nd November 2023 and closes at 11:59pm on 16th November 2023 (the Closing Date). Entries which do not meet the Entry Criteria or which are received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Three (x3) winners and fifty (x50) runners up will be selected at random from all entries which meet the Entry Criteria across Instagram and Facebook received before the Closing Date by using a computer process that produces random verifiable results by the Promoter or its agents.
- If a winner is an entry on Instagram: The winner will be announced within 7 days of the Closing Date by a comment tagging the winner on the Promotion post by the @alpen_uk Instagram account requesting that the winner contact the Promoter by a direct message on Instagram to claim their prize.
If a winner is an entry on Facebook: The winner will be announced within 7 days of the Closing Date by a comment tagging the winner on the Promotion post by the Alpen UK Facebook account requesting that the winner contact the Promoter by a direct message on Facebook to claim their prize.
- The winner must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If contact cannot be made or the prize is not claimed or a postal address is not provided within seven days of prize notification an alternative winner will be drawn in accordance with the process described above. Participants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner.
- The prize:
- Three winners will each win a £250 Virgin experience voucher – T&Cs for this can be found here: https://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/product/gift-card-250- and 1 x box of Alpen Delight Bars (each contains 5 bars and has a total weight 120 grams) of their chosen flavour (the Lead Prize).
- Fifty runners up with will each win 1 x box of Alpen Delight Bars (each contains 5 bars and has a total weight 120 grams) of their chosen flavour (the Runner Up Prize).
- The prizes will be sent to the postal address provided by the winners and runners up within 30 days of the Closing Date.
- There is no cash or alternative prizes available. The Promoter reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Sale of the prize for profit is prohibited and may constitute fraud.
- By entering this Promotion the winner is deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and, upon accepting their prize, the winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with this Promotion (if requested).
- The name and county of the winner will be made available on @alpen_uk’s Instagram and Alpen UK’s Facebook accounts after the prize has been claimed by response to the Promoter’s direct Instagram or Facebook message.
- The Promoter will make available the winner’s surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Participants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which entrants must provide within 14 days). The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and disqualify the entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, or any instructions forming part of this Promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a entrant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any tax liability on the prize.
- The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the failure to fulfil the obligations of any of the third parties involved in this offer, although the Promoter will always endeavour to minimise the effect to the winner of any such failure.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any person not being able to enter the Promotion for any reason.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promoion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Instagram and/or Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By entering the Promotion, all Participants accept that they have no claim against Instagram or Facebook. By entering the Promotion, all participants also agree to a complete liability release for Instagram and Facebook.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud).
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.
Promoter: WEETABIX LIMITED Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR. Registered in England under number 00267687.